Saturday, July 2, 2011

Feelin' Groovy!





I wanted to do a group project that the children could have always to remember their time in Ms. Cheryl's class. I decided to do tie dyed t-shirts! Every child brought a shirt from home. I used rubber bands to tie the shirts into different patterns and then the children were able to choose what colors they wanted their shirt to be. I let the children wear rubber gloves and they could help squirt the dye onto their shirt. It was very exciting and they loved making their very own shirt! After each child dyed their own shirt, I placed it into an individual plastic bag, sealed it and let it soak for 24 hours. After 24 hours I washed/dried the shirts and had the shirts ready the following day to pass them out to my class! When I passed them out the children were so excited they wanted to wear them that very day! Our whole class put them on and we were "feelin' groovy" all day long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment