Monday, June 20, 2011

Apples, Apples, Apples!




























This week my class and I went to North America. We learned that apples are popular in the U.S.A. I decided to have the kids make caramel apples. Every child had a chance to turn the crank on my apple peeler, slicer and corer. It was a fascinating moment to watch as this tool - powered by a child's hand, turned an apple into an edible slinky within seconds! They thought they were all chefs by the end! We then made caramel apple dip and enjoyed! I drizzled some caramel on top of the apple slices so you can see how delicious they turned out!

Caramel Recipe

1 (14 oz) package caramels, unwrapped
2 Tbsp. half n half or milk


Microwave caramels and half n half for 2 minutes. Dip apples into caramel or pour on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment